Thursday, September 22, 2005

They may just be shards but they’re my shards (Jim)

I can’t keep it straight anymore
I’ve lost my symbol thimble
and half my double entendre’s spilled out
leaving in my enfeebled pate
not a single rhyme for Nantucket

Instead of being too clever by half
I can barely manage clev
And where I once cut rugs
it’s now hard enuff to plug in a Hoover
Get down, get down, get down ok
Only now it’s gettin’ up that’s harder

And speaking of cutting, mes ami,
I also used to cut a dashing figure
but now my figure’s just dashed
my panache now polenta con brie.

And hey, while I’m decrying the fates,
is circumcision a cut above –
or merely the unkindest cut of all?
I mean, I know I can never know
exactly what I’ve been missing
but no complaints –
after all I’m still coming and pissing.

No listen, I need to restate that –
I mean, I know I can’t really know what I’ve missed
but whatever it is,
damn dude,
they never asked my permission,
and ‘natch, I’m still pissed!

– Jim Keller
September 4, 2002 (rev. '03, '04, '05)
Draft © 2005 J. Keller All rights reserved. World Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about bucket or tuck it or chuck it or, of course there is is aways the four letter word which begins with f.